MILTON SHOWGROUND – Saturday 11 November 2017
This festival highlight’s the history of the timber industry and its valued past, present and future.
Festival goers will get to view some of the important parts of the timber history of the Shoalhaven.
- View Photos and Displays of the early Timber Getting Days dating back to the 1800’s
- Historic information of the timber industry, past and present.
- Talk to representatives of the past and present building, timber and logging days.
- View the many tools used in the late 1800′s and the 1900’s to cut and prepare timber for housing, fencing, wharves, boats and so much more.
- Take a stroll through the many woodwork and other handcrafted stalls
- See the skills of splitting of shingles.
- Experience real timber men using a crosscut saw.
- Wood chops and chain saw demonstrations.
- Discover the heritage of people and places from Milton Ulladulla – Shoalhaven – South Coast – Australian history.
- Loaded log trucks.
- Timber Demonstrations
- Horse and bullock teams
- Vintage and modern timber workings
- Entertainment all day including Benn Gunn
- Australian History book sale.
- Timbers workers of the southern Shoalhaven who served in WW1.
- Market and food stalls.
- Non stop from 9am, entry $5.00
- Join the Shoalhaven Timber Festival on facebook
Photo of Bullock team by Stephen Dunne
Looking for accommodation for festival: Milton
For more information on the festival email@example.com or ph: 0439 023 360